Myspace Layouts, Myspace graphics

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

OUR MIRACLE

Hi! This is Erin's mom! ERIN GOT HER LUNGS!!!!! About midnight Saturday night the beeper went off, and we got to the hospital about 1 in the morning. Erin was ecstatic and cool as a cucumber. Her memaw asked her if she was scared, and she said, "No, I have 1000 people praying for me at home." After a long night of preoperative procedures, Erin went into surgery at 6:46 still as calm as could be. The first incision was made at 10:14, but the lungs did not arrive until 2 hours later. Mike, Casey, Granny, Papa, & Aunt Donna Rials arrived about 7 AM. My mom, mimi, and brother Russell & Sharon were already here visiting for the weekend, so my mom & Russell accompanied us to the hospital. Friends & family hung around the hospital with us supporting us through this arduous day. Thank you to Whit Lewis, John & Jennifer Williams; Clark, Tina, Elizabeth, Madelaine, & Abigail Davis; Andy Cade; and Stacy Wells for spending the day with us at the hospital. Thank you to EVERYONE for all the texts, emails, & phone calls that were sent that day and since then. At about 6:45 Erin came out of surgery with a gorgeous new set of lungs. Oh, How Great is Our God! Erin has been breathing on her own since yesterday morning. She is completely off oxygen (except at night). She's eating & drinking with a great appetite. She's sitting up in bed. The next 36 hours are still critical. In the next few days, the doctors hope to remove her chest tubes and epidural. She will be doing breathing treatments twice a day for the next couple of weeks. Doctors say she may go back to our apartment in Houston as early as Monday. WOW! We will still have to stay in Houston for at least another 3 months. Mike, Casey, Erin, & I will NEVER be able to express to everyone the gratitude that we feel for all who have supported us through this time in our lives. God has greatly blessed us & we give HIM all the praise & glory! We continue to ask you to pray for Erin's health and want you to know that Erin is just beginning her life as a new transplantee & will need many prayers as she begins this journey. Do not ever question the ability of our God to perform miracles!
.

6 comments:

  1. God Is Great Indeed! I am so thrilled reading this post! I continue to pray for Erin and all of you. I thank our Good Lord for the miracles he performs everyday. I'm so happy for Erin. Please let her know that I am thinking of her and Woo Hoo! I'm doing a Happy Dance! Lots of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Erin,Steph, Mike, and Casey! I'm so thankful that God sent the call to Erin Saturday night! In the same breath, my heart aches for the donors family. It takes very special people to be so unselfish and I commend that family for that unselfishness. Erin's progress is nothing short of a MIRACLE! The message title for Sunday night's sermon was "I'll take a one percent chance and a man called Jesus"! When all odds are against us, give me one percent and Jesus because that's far more than 99% of this world and what it has to offer! Congratulations to the Knight Family and may God continue to bless Erin with deep & healthy breathing! Erin has truly touched so many lives, I know she has mine! Love to you all, Amanda Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Stephanie,My love goes out to all of you. I feel like the Lord has taken us all through the labor pains and has birthed a new baby. The labor was long and tedious but the miracle of birth is amazing.I praise the Lord for His unfailing love. Thank you so much for sharing with us. We will continue to pray for Erin and for Erin's family. I can't begin to imagine the realm of emotion all of you must feel. I pray that God will give you His peace today. Love to all of you, Deidra Lowery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, Dr. Hoover said the following upon hearing that Erin had her transplant, "Please tell them I had asked Molly if she had heard anything from them Thursday because Erin passed through my mind. Strange timing. I am very excited for them and will keep them in my prayers. I will wait cautiously to see Erin as I am a bit concerned about the severity of the tongue lashing she will be giving me if she has a full set of lungs!!!!" Thought y'all would get a kick out of that. Much love from Birmingham!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for yall Steph.
    Tell Erin we love her and hope she will be home soon.
    Mark and Morgan

    ReplyDelete